The IQ II features a rigid yet lightweight body made from Pocon, which is equipped with integral threaded inserts for easy installation in the tonearm head-shell. This mounting system greatly improves mechanical coupling between the cartridge body and head-shell in comparison to the traditional nut & bolt fixing.
The internal coils are made from extremely fine copper wire, and the cantilever is formed from a specific grade of hardened aluminium tube. You may also notice that the suspension is more stiff than usually seen in Moving Magnet cartridges of this type.
- Load Resistance: 47K Ohms
- Load Capacity: 150 - 200 pF
- Internal Induction: 570mH
- Internal Resistance: 660 Ohms
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20KHz, +/- 2dB
- Weight: 6.3g
- Fixing Centres: 12.7mm / 0.5"
- Tracking Force / Weight: 1.5g - 2.5g (1.75g nominal)
- Channel Balance: 2dB @ 1KHz
- Channel Separation: 25dB @ 1KHz
- Sensitivity: 6.5mV +/- 1.5dB (1KHz @ 5cm/sec)
- Static Compliance: (N lateral) 24mm / (N vertical) 16mm
- Equivalent Tip Mass: 0.45mg
- Vertical Tracking Angle: 24 degrees