The Super HL5plus produces breathtaking transparency, a huge soundstage and total immersion in the performance. This speaker creates a rich bass and sweet midrange that brings acoustic music alive.
This model is the latest and greatest iteration of the legendary Harbeth HL-Monitor Mk1 from 1977 that launched the Harbeth company. In continuous production through several design generations since its inception, now featuring Harbeth's RADIAL2™ driver and a radically new approach to the crossover. The HL5plus gets the very best from the Harbeth-made 200mm RADIAL2™ bass/mid driver in a cabinet is skillfully designed according to the pioneering research undertaken by the BBC. The system sound is large, powerful and transparent with an astonishing freshness. No wonder the SHL5 family is such a worldwide legend.
The SuperTweeter extends the system response to the upper edge of the audio band and beyond.
Harbeth's Super HL5plus loudspeaker produces a huge soundstage of width, depth and weight for a total immersion in the musical performance.
- Transducer system: 3-way vented: 200mm Harbeth RADIAL2™ bass/mid; 25mm ferro-cooled dome tweeter, 20mm dome SuperTweeter
- Frequency response: 40Hz - 20kHz ±3dB free-space, grille on, smooth off-axis response
- Impedance: 6 ohms, easy to drive
- Sensitivity: 86dB/1W/1m
- Amplifier suggestion: Works with a wide range of amplifiers, suggested from 25W/channel.
- Power handling: 150W programme
- Connectors: Four 4mm gold-plated binding posts for wires or plugs (biwireable)
- Dimensions: 635 x 322 x 300mm (+12mm for grille and binding posts)