The ultra-compact Silver 50 introduces a completely new version of Monitor Audio’s special 5¼-inch C-CAM RST bass/mid-range drive unit, creating the most diminutive bookshelf model ever to appear in the line-up.
Silver 50 may be compact, but it delivers a big sound with impressive scale and dynamics. Prepare to be astounded.
Powerful magnets in the nimble Silver 50 stand-mount loudspeaker drive large, 32 mm voice coils to ensure impressive power handling and incredibly low distortion. Design criteria ensure that the Silver 50 will make the most of smaller living spaces by being placed close to a wall and yet still deliver clean, punchy bass. You will only hear well-balanced, pure mid-range without ever a hint of box coloration.
Strategic cabinet bracing and Monitor Audio’s bolt-through technology creates an amazingly solid speaker. Not only can it play louder and cleaner than its size suggests, it delivers an incredibly well balanced, pure mid-range for a gloriously natural sound.
This may be a smaller box but be prepared for a big, fulfilling sound.
- System Format: 2-way
- Frequency Response (-6 dB): 52 Hz – 35 kHz
- Sensitivity (1W@1M): 87 dB
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Minimum Impedance: 4.1 ohms @ 220 Hz
- Maximum SPL: 110 dBA (pair)
- Power Handling (RMS): 100 W
- Recommended Amplifier Requirements: 40 – 100 W
- Bass Alignment: Bass reflex. HiVe II port system
- Crossover Frequency: 3.0 kHz
- Drive Unit Complement
- 1 x 51/4" C-CAM RST bass/mid driver
- 1 x 1" (25 mm) C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter
- Cabinet Dimensions (Excluding Grille and Terminals): 270 x 165 x 240 mm (105/8 x 61/2 x 97/16")
- External Dimensions (Including Grille and Terminals (H x W x D)): 270 x 165 x 269 mm (105/8 x 61/2 x 109/16")
- External Dimensions (Including Out-Rigger Plates, Feet and Spikes): N/A
- Weight (each): 6 kg (13 lb 4 oz)